14 May 2014

10 Facts That You Didn't Need To Know | HelenaAsia

Hello loves! Sorry for not posting on Sunday but I wasn't feeling all that inspired and wasn't really up for the forced content :( On a lighter note, I decided to keep it quick and light for today's post and I will just telling you some good old facts that you probably never really needed to know! Also an app that I've been enjoying this month is UberFacts (going with the facts theme) but yeah, it's just really interesting! 

1. Love or Friends?
Recently Oxford University have done a study and they've found out that when you fall in love, you lose an average of two friends! Wish this wasn't true... anyone want to prove them wrong haha!
2. Disney Names!
Simba, from The Lion King, actually means lion in Swahili and Bhalu (Baloo) is Hindi for bear! Would you say that was creative or not? I can't decide...  
3. Chickens Taking Over The World?
So there are more chickens in the world than people... how to feel about that...hmm, I'll get back to you on that!
4. Almonds and Peaches...
Almonds are actually a member from the peaches family?! How strange!
5. 186 Videos Every Month?
So the average internet user watches 186 videos a month, but I'd say that a lot of people are probably starting to get addicted to the internet and probably watch waayyyy more than that!
6. Immortal Jellyfish and Lobsters 
Yup that's right, Jellyfish and Lobsters are biologically immortal because they don't age nor die unless they are killed! Creepy or cool? 
7. FireRedPanda...
Firefox's emblem is actually meant to be a red panda...but then this confuses me because why is it called FireFOX? Anyone tell me :/ haha
8. Eat Those Berries!
Eating berries regularly can help reduce your risk of a heart attack by around 32%! So if you don't really eat berries, then go get some! 
9. Sleeping Spider Eating :O
An average human being eats 8 spiders while they sleep! Oh wow this is just horrible to think about! Even if you aren't that scared of spiders it's kinda gross :(
10. 293 Ways For A Dollar
There are 293 ways for you to make change for a dollar!
That was it for my 10 pointless facts, were they pointless? I don't know, I thought they were interesting :) Yup, you probably won't need to know any of that on a day to day basis but I thought I'd do something a bit different today hehe!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? I'll try my best to reply :) Love you all x